How to find the field id?
The following method to find field id can be used for any form in WordPress.
To get id of a form field in WordPress please follow the following steps. Please note, you can get id of any field with this method.
- 1.Open the form where you would like address autocomplete functionality.
- 2.Identify the field.
- 3.Right click in the field
- 4.Click Inspect (Chrome & Edge) or Inspect Element (Firefox & Safari)
- 5.The browser will highlight a line which indicates it belongs that field.
- 6.You will see an id attribute in the highlighted line. It will look like id="form_id-123". The id can be combination of letter, numbers, dash and underscores.
- 7.Copy the value inside the quotes " ".
- 8.Go to Simple Address Autocomplete settings and paste it on new line in Field IDs.
- 9.Save Changes to save the settings.
- 10.Viola, the input has now address autocomplete functionality.
Yes. By right clicking on the field and select inspect, you will be able to see the id of any form field.